Thursday, October 18, 2012

2 Weeks For Little Man!

Luke is 2 weeks old today! He is having a great past few days! I know it is because of the prayers he constantly receives. So please don't stop! 

Luke is so funny - he's got loads of personality. He kicks back on his tempur-pedic bed and just hangs out all day. It's the cutest thing. And when he opens his eyes it is almost like he's getting on to us for disturbing his relaxation time. He's also a strong little booger - his nurse told us tonight that he has pulled his breathing tube out 4 times since he was born. I think he's trying to let everyone know he's tired of that thing. LOL! 

Luke's doctor told me today that he's doing good. That makes me feel good, you know doctor's don't want to raise false hopes and things of that nature, so I feel that for her to tell us he's doing good then he's really doing good. Tomorrow they are trying him without his breathing tube - let's please pray and hope that goes well for him and he can stay off the ventilator! Also he will have his second brain scan tomorrow - prayers that gets positive results. 

He's doing really well with his feedings, they have increased them even more and he's doing so well! His weight tonight is 1lb 14.5oz!! Baby Luke is packing on the oz's, haha! ;) He's going potty #1 and #2 very well. He's pooping with a suppository but he's pooping when he gets them so that is all good! 

Still having some troubles with his blood cultures. The retest came back positive after 72 hours and his third retest came back positive after 36 hours. The doctor remains pretty confident it's because of a skin bacteria contamination, but he's staying on the antibiotics until they stay negative through the entire test period. Poor baby. Keep the prayers coming that we can get this figured out for little man! 

Mommy had a good day today! I spent the morning with Luke and it made me feel good. His doctor also helped me get in contact with some counseling for parents with premature babies. I am actually looking forward to talking with this counselor. I am sure it will benefit me greatly. I had a pretty good night's sleep last night - I am guessing almost 6 hours, which has been the most since I left the hospital. I actually fixed my hair and put on some makeup today too. This may seem like nothing, but for me this is pretty huge because I haven't felt like doing anything near that since I came home. Little by little, I am getting better. 

I am so thankful for all of the friends and family that have supported us during this hard time. I appreciate everything so much!! Words will never be able to fully describe it! Here are some pics from the past couple days that I haven't had time to upload. Mostly pics of sweet Luke, his awesome first Halloween outfit, and some pics from his 2 week birthday party today. :) 







1 comment:

  1. Better and better Mommie.. :)
    Happy 2 weeks Little Luke..

    ReplyDelete