Friday, November 2, 2012

My Love, My Scott

Today has been a good day for the Malone family. Luke has had an exceptional day. He's got no real change, but today he opened both eyes for Mommy and Daddy again! Finally! I stared into my sweet baby's eyes again for the first time in nearly 2 weeks. He was so active too! Continuing his exercising - this is good. :) Medically Luke is steadily improving! Each day gets better! And the saying "no news is good news" has become our little motto since the surgery. We feel the more the doctors and nurses say he's doing the same or he's doing well then the better for us! These days we prefer uneventful days. 

Today I would like to express how thankful I am for my husband Scott. If you don't know him very well then let me tell you about him. If ever there were someone who was put on Earth to save someone else it is surely Scott for me. Scott has taught me how to love who I am. He loves me for me. He makes me happy when I am at my lowest. He supports me in everything I do. He is the most wonderful husband a wife could have, the best friend someone could ask for and the best father in the world. Just earlier he was singing along to Jamey Johnson on vinyl playing on our record player. This is how I imagine life when I think of what perfect is for me. The only thing missing right now is Luke, but he will be home with us soon. We can't wait to play Luke's first song on vinyl for him and play a song on the guitar for him. January can not come quick enough! 

This past month has really taught me things in life that I never thought I would be forced to learn or forced to realize. In 24 hours I had experienced fear, anger, hurt and love all at once. In the moment I laid eyes on my sweet little man I let go of every worry I had lingering in my head from the day before. Suddenly these things didn't seem important anymore. So all of the petty things that used to consume my mind, such as friends who weren't friends after all, classes I dreaded taking because I didn't feel like it, that one person at work who irritates the mess out of you ... these things didn't matter anymore. 

So along with being thankful for having a new day each day to do great things, try to let worry and stress go! It's not worth it in the end. When something happens that forces you to almost live your days hour by hour, you have plenty of time to sort through all of the negative things and realize what matters most: family, friends and loved ones that support you no matter what! 

Thank you for taking a moment to catch up with The Malone Family. We certainly appreciate it!! We love y'all! 

Scott, Melissa & Luke :)

1 comment: