Monday, December 31, 2012

Tomorrow is Another Day


As the New Year approaches I can’t help but look back at the year with a sense of bitter sweetness. While I can say without a doubt it has been one of my saddest years, it has also been one of my happiest. I became a mother. I learned how to love someone more than I love anything else in this world. And I learned how to lose my child all the same. It is perhaps the loneliest feeling in the world, but one I wouldn’t trade to have never known Luke.

I have had many happy memories just the same. Making memories with Scott, going back home to State Farm, finding out I was expecting, having Luke and having the miracle that he was for the time I did, and meeting so many new friends that I know will stay with me for a lifetime. Finding a peace about me has also been very rewarding. I love myself more than I ever have in my life. And I have only Luke to thank for that. I also have Luke to thank for my salvation and my newfound love for life.

I can’t deny that my sad times were the lowest I have ever felt, and rightfully so. But I am hopeful for a fulfilling future. I look forward to the days that I have ahead of me, whatever they may bring. I will never take things for granted again. Luke taught me that. To live each day as if it were your last and to do unto others as you would have done unto you, to take time to watch the butterflies and smell the flowers, take time to make adventure wherever you are. Love the life you are given and don’t mistake tragedy for despair. We are only given one chance at life and you should make the best out of it.

I think about the blessings I have been given in life and I realize that sometimes blessings are truly disguised. It’s hard to realize that at times. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger for sure and by the grace of God I am still here for another day. Life can seem so hard at times but know that there isn’t any burden too large for you to carry. I have learned that albeit maybe not the most desirable way.

I thank God for letting me see another day and I thank Him for continuing to love me, even when He doesn’t have to. It’s easy to forget that at times but so rewarding when you remember.

Tonight, at midnight, I will put all of my heartache away and embrace the New Year with open arms. I hope you do the same. I hope everyone takes a moment to count their blessings and be truly thankful for all they do have, even if it doesn’t seem like much. You have the ground beneath your feel and air in your lungs. And you have the love of a Heavenly Father that will never leave you nor betray you.

Be safe, have fun, and best wishes to a brand New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment