Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mercy Me, Mercy My

“For children are innocent and love justice, while most of us are wicked and naturally prefer mercy.” 

It has been a while since I have written. Life suddenly returned to "normal" for whatever that mens. Full time at work and school also is very time consuming and I am so ready for it to be over with, lol! 

Spent some time with my sister on her birthday and it was very enjoyable. Had a wonderful time with the kids, they are all growing so big and they are the lights of my life. 

My heart has been heavy for a few weeks now. My friend's sister developed a very rare and semi-recent liver condition during her first pregnancy. She had just went 1/2 way into the second trimester. the doctors rallied and pretty much decided that they would need to take the baby early - but no earlier than 36 weeks. So we played the waiting game until she had to be admitted yesterday mid-morning because her blood pressure was sorta high. She delivered Mercy around lunchtime and she is absolutely perfect in every way possible. She was 2lbs 5oz, 15 1/2 inches. She is a firecracker based on the videos her Auntie sends to me. Precious Mercy is here so continue to life her in love and prayers! 

It has been very bittersweet to be so involved in Mercy's arrival and status. I know with all of my heart she will be just fine and grow up so pretty and strong and smart, no doubt. It makes me so incredibly happy to know in my heart she is going to be okay. But it also makes me sad a little, not because of Mercy herself ( I think she's doing fantastic!) just reminds me that Luke was there for so long and he wouldn't have even been home by now. It is depressing to think of it really. I heard the monitor beeps in the videos and I got sweaty palms. I saw her pictures with all of her leads and IV's and I just broke down into tears over it. 

Premature labor / preterm labor is a very serious and I don't believe it is promoted enough. Thank God for organizations like the March of Dimes..... you will have a new perspective!! So always remember to donate!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment